Friday, October 26, 2001

Well, I feel a blog coming on. Actually, I felt this coming on yesterday, but never got around to it. Oh well :P

Oh, and I also need to do one about being a cool geek, because my conjoined twin told me to, and her word is law, but I'll get to that in a sec.

For now....

Tips on Keeping Warm on Campus
If you read my blog, then you know I do not have adequate cold weather gear right now. And if you don't read it, WHY THE HELL NOT?? :P

Anyhoo, here's some tips on keeping warm if you don't have adequate cold weather gear. (I actually do these, sadly enough)

1) One word, my friend: Layers. If I could tell you anything about staying warm, it would be wear layers. The rest is just the random stuff I've thought up over the years. (actually not. I just wanted to immitate that sunscreen song. But it didn't go too well, did it?) I wear like 5 shirts + jacket every time I go out. They may be thin, but together, it's like a winter coat! Boo-ya!
2) Pull your jacket collar up. Not only will it keep your neck marginally more warm, but you'll look like the definition of cool! (circa 1985)
3) When you're walking next to brick buildings, walk as close to them as possible. Rub up on them like a cat, even. They radiate heat!
4) Wear a hat. Most of the heat escapes from your head, you know. Even if you don't have a hat and have to borrow your roommate's Harry Potter hat to keep warm....*ahem* I've said too much already
5) Keep your hands in your pockets. Even if you have a portable CD player you'd rather hold.....(except I do the CD player thing anyway :P)
6) Don't wear sandals, dumbass! Wear shoes. (Guilty of the sandal's offense)
7) Uhm....since this is turning into advice that I don't really use, maybe I'll stop here :P


(I honestly thought of this blog yesterday when I was rubbing up against McCormick Hall yesterday with my collar up 80's style)

No comments: