Monday, February 17, 2003

I hate how procrastinaty I am. I totally have to call my advisors for appointments, to make sure the system isn't screwing me any more than usual. I totally have to call this lady at the company where my dad works, because I applied for work there, and some lady called me about it on thursday.

I should've called the lady back on thursday.

I should've called the advisor a month ago.

And the procrastinatness is worse on projects I actually have to work at, such as programs. Or even my Telgard character. If I weren't so damn procrastinaty, I'd get all my things done and have gallons of time to goof off after that. But I don't. Even things I have fun doing, like writing fake news articles. I LOVED writing the last one I did. But I tried to write another one yesterday, and I just sat there at my screen for several years. Bleh.

And speaking of phone calls, Kevin found a website of some guy who goes to my school and plays D & D a little while ago. He told me about it, because he knows I've been searching (albeit a bit half-heartedly) for a group to try D & Ding for a few years now. Anyway, I commented, and asked about it, and the website guy totally told me to call him. I'm kind of creeped out to just call some stranger up and then go to his place, but I figure statistically, I'm more likely to be the serial killer than website guy is, since I solicited him, not the other way around. Part of me is tempted to back out and never talk to these people again, but I think, "Holy crap. I have no friends, after being here over 2 and a half years. And it's because I don't take chances. Take a chance, Phoe."

Though, I'm a little worried that they'll think I'm a loser because I was all like, "I've been looking for people to D & D with for awhile" without mentioning that I have only played once, it was online, and it was pretty crappy, because Kevin was the DM, and he sucks. What if I get there, and they are like, "You don't have your own dice???"

These are the things I worry about.

No comments: