Friday, February 21, 2003

My mom is a hippie, my dad is a rocker, and my grandpa is old, weird Harold!

My pseudo-birthday has gotten much better. When I got home, my mom and I ended up listening to a whole lot of her and dad's old records, which I always enjoy. The hilarious thing is my mom totally has all this hippie music (but she's republican to the core). Joan Baez, The Mamas and The Papas, Bob Dylan, Peter Paul and Mary. I swear "Blowin' in the Wind" was on at least three records by the people I just mentioned. Hippies just LOVE "Blowin' in the Wind." It's hippie music. My dad, the most mild mannered guy I know, was a rocker. He's got the Steppenwolf and the CCR and the Zager & Evans. I think I inherited a lot of both of their music tastes, it's kind of funny. I'm all about rock, and I also like a lot of the sort of music that hippie music evolved into. I wonder if my parents were young now, if my Dad would be all into Incubus and my mom would be all into Ben Folds. I would laugh.

We also listened to this comedy album of Bill Cosby's, it was hilarious. One of the bits was called, "Old weird Harold," which I found hilarious, because my dad calls my grandpa (named Harold) "old weird harold," and now I know it's because of this album, not just because my grandpa is old and weird.

So I'm the daughter of a hippie and a rocker, and my grandpa's old weird Harold! I love it!

conclusions I have drawn:
1) From Hello Dolly: I must say "fellas" more often
2) From Convoy: I must say 10-100 all the time (CB lingo for "I have to use the bathroom")
3) From Convoy: I must say "Sock it in the pocket!" until people get all mad at me

No comments: