Thursday, February 20, 2003

Phoemeister: ah. Well tell me what you'd do about the D & D situation if it was you?

I feel really freaked out about hanging out with strangers. Like, not that they're going to hack me up with an axe or anything, more that feel like I have to constantly try to win their approval. Especially since it's a group that I'm trying to break into. I hate feeling like that

but on the other hand, I have like, no friends. And it's because of stuff like being freaked out by strangers, no doubt. Though one on one strangers are a lot less freaky than a whole group of them
Phoemeister: And, if I decide I don't want to, what's a good way to weasel out of it?
Talia: well I think it IS a good idea that you get out and see new people, but it might be a better idea if you had your car so you don't have to depend on them for when you get to go home... but that involves explaining to your mom...
Talia: and if you decide to not go, tell them the truth, you have absolutely no time
Phoemeister: Yeah, that's annoying. Plus car parking is expensive, and since I wasn't able to reserve at the beginning of the year, I can't for the rest of the year, even if I wanted to

heh, yeah. I actually lied and said I had an 8 o'clock class today just to get them to take me home already. I mean, they were getting around to it sooner or later, but it sort of gave them more urgency. And I really did have a job interview early today, but this gives me an excuse to leave a tiny bit early every time I go, if I keep going

That is a good idea. I'll probably go to one more (since I said I would), plus I'll get to try actually playing, it sounds like. Then I'll make up my mind. I'm just so... undecidey. It's been gnawing at me the whole day while I programmed :P
Phoemeister: The next time is actually the wednesday after next week, because I have a test next wednesday night.
Phoemeister: Oh, and am I illogical or what: I can't tell you how many millions more times nervous I was when I found out I actually knew a couple of the people. Isn't that weird? Shouldn't you be less nervous?
Talia: and an added bonus? gamer men are female desperate hehe
Phoemeister: lol. Actually, at least two of them have girlfriends that were over last night
Talia: naw I'd definitely be more nervous around people I went to school with thatn strangers
Talia: that's 2 out of 4
Phoemeister: phew, I'm not crazy. I mean, I figure if the strangers don't like me, I'm a footnote that they'll never think about again. Whereas the people from the drama class see me as an ass from drama (believe me, I was the worst actor, and had the stupidest roles) and then they see me being an ass again, they're going to be like, "Phoe Lastname is a total ass. I know this from two separate occasions."
Phoemeister: lol
Phoemeister: you won't quit :P
Talia: I'm just picking
Phoemeister: I've actually kind of made aquaintances with this guy from Hardware and Software concepts. It's killing me, though, I can't figure out his name for the life of me
Phoemeister: And I talked to this guy in my Media Writing class. Only it's weird, we sit next to each other like, every day in Media Writing, but the only time he ever talks to me is when we're observing at the TV station for another class
Phoemeister: oh, and I might have made friends with the (only) other girl in my Hardware and Software concepts. Sort of. Maybe aquaintances

No comments: