Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Today has been decent thus far. First, we looked at our completed fake PSA's, and ours turned out pretty good for a "beginner/half-assed fake PSA."

We actually went a little different route than originally:

Me: *sitting around reading a book*
Mullet-Guy: "hey Phoe, what's up?"

*record scratch*

Me: *really freaked out/startled look at mullet* "Uh...not much"
MG: "Well.... uh... I was wondering... if you aren't doing anything friday night, do you want to go out with me?"
Me: *doubles over laughing* "I don't date losers. And I don't even talk to losers with mullets!" *leaves*
MG: Wow, that hurt

*cut to guy in front of a curtain*

guy: Everyone has their own style. You shouldn't ostracize people, because that guy in the mullet could be your kid someday.

*cut to a screen that says: "Mullets: it could be your kid."

I was very happy with how it turned out. I was especially pleased with how I hammed up the "surprised" look.

Also: today was radio production lab. We're still working on the reel to reel machine. It's like, stone-aged, as far as radio is concerned. It's like how the people in my ACS classes keep trying to teach me about punch cards.

Oh, and last night was fun. Wanda hooked me up with this message board for her university, and I left all sorts of weird messages on it. My favorite was this complaint I left about the Hand of Friendship that gives the finger at a certain angle....



On my campus. I was planning to act all surprised when the people responded, "What hand? There's no hand statue on campus..." but I checked the board this morning, and there's these HILARIOUS posts like "maybe it's near the refectory" or "Oh, that statue by the bus station?" "What is that statue doing with his hands?" They're totally convincing themselves they have a hand on campus, it makes me laugh.

And I'm also trying to misuse English slang and insult those filthy americans as much as possible on the board. And I'm telling people I'm from St. Albans, this town around the university. ....I get amusement many ways.

I'm also writing a news story for Media Writing on my hypothetical band, Piggle Sniff. All of our song titles are going to have brackets, like "I love puppies (and kitties too)." And they're all going to be tribute songs. And if you ask Wanda (the drummer in the band) why all of the song titles have brackets, she's going to say "I'll bloody smash YOU in the brackets, you wanker!"

If wanker is allowable in a school paper.

Anyway, I have to go now and program stuff.. BLEH

No comments: