Saturday, December 03, 2005

I had a really great day today. Carmax, Sista and I arranged to have dinner together at break like we usually do on Fridays. Actually, it turned out I didn't have the same break as Sista, so I had to switch with Mouse, who was cool about it. Honestly, I wasn't sure if they let us switch breaks until now, but I wanted to try. Last week we had a different break and Carmax just ended up eating with me, which made me feel bad for Sista.

Anyway: Mulva had the same break too, and I managed to rope him into it. Then, El Camino got off at the same time, and he came too. So we were like one big happy family. AND Carmax, Sista and I have already made plans to see Walk the Line tomorrow.

Mulva was awesome as ever, and seemed to hit it off pretty well with everyone else. El Camino was a little quieter, I'm not sure if he felt comfortable with all the people. I know I get a little weird in crowds myself. Though unfortunately I just tend to shout out whatever and embarass myself, rather than keeping quiet.

Best of all: no one was totally disgusted by the horrible messiness of my car. Though there was some jest at the skill of my driving. But..... I don't blame anyone for that.

I found a really weird note stuck in one of the displays, I think it was from a customer. It looks like kind of a shopping list for alcohol because it lists out various types of alcohol and the quantity of each one the person was apparently looking for. Then, just randomly, at the bottom, it says "I Love Josh."

Everyone made fun of the CD I brought in at close today. It was New Found Glory, this EP they have of covers of movie songs. I admit--it's not exactly my favorite anymore either, but I was surprised it generated so much backlash. I told them, though, "The more you mock Ben Folds, the more I'm going to bring in New Found Glory. And the more you mock New Found Glory, the more I'm going to bring in Good Charlotte. And the more you mock Good Charlotte, the more I'm going to bring in The Spice Girls."

Then they just made fun of me for having Good Charlotte and the Spice Girls.

No comments: