Wednesday, December 07, 2005

So last night, I had nightmares about calendars. I wish I were joking, but I am not. Honest to god calendar nightmares re: the actual calendar nightmare I had to deal with yesterday. Bleh.

Speaking of calendars: I forgot to mention yesterday what my two favorite calendars are. The Outhouses calendar, with a beautiful glossy photo of a shithouse each month, or the Magnificent Trains calendar, where they're so desperate to prove to you that a calendar of trains is cool that they arbitrarily tack "magnificent" onto the title.

Not a whole lot happened today. I ended up discussing music with Supertramp again, which is always a mistake. I don't want to make him sound like this jerk that's always downing everything I love.... but that's kind of how it ended up. Since corporate demands we saturate the overhead music with Christmas, he's addded a few more, including my personal nemisis, Santa Baby. But, before I complained about it, I gave my props to him for putting Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer on the overhead. And he was like:

"OH MY GOD. How can such a good person listen to such horrible music?!?!?!?" because apparently he hates Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. But I actually felt complimented. Because I already know he thinks what I listen to is horrible, so the part about me being a good person felt like a compliment.

And anyway, we discussed it, and he does like some bands I love (Saves the Day! Whooo!) and I like some bands he loves (Calla, Nada Surf). He and I can still be friends, the way Ryan and I are still friends even though he calls Everclear "Everqueer."

Also, I got yelled at drawing on the dry erase board again, so I wrote "unappreciated in my own time" over the drawing.

Oh. And for some reason: it won't let me order the Postsecret book anymore, I don't know if we're out or what. But it's not like.... it was never possible, because someone DID order the book and get it. But nothing I do lets me get it, even though I know the system I'm actually trying to order from like the back of my hand, seeing as how I use it every day. I guess I'll have to get it off of amazon or something.

No comments: