Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Today was more normal. I did a whole lot o' shelving and then paid my dues behind the cash register.

In other news: I got this oragami a day calendar for half price at the store a few days ago. I don't need a calendar, as I already have the weird pig one, I wanted it for the love of the oragami. But it really sucks. Because the instructions are actually on the paper you fold, so if you ever want to make anything again... you have to find whatever oragami thing you made with that sheet of paper, and then unfold it. Then, you have no way of making whatever it was back without unraveling another oragami, and it all falls down like dominoes. Also: the white part of anything you make has writing all over it. Also: it's like the dumbest possible things. Like, what the hell is a Happi coat? (answer: I stared at my finished happi coat long enough to decide it's the top half of that crazy outfit samurai wear that makes them look like they're wearing 80's women's shoulder pads. The average person, without a semester of Japanese film class like I do, would have no idea whatsoever. And the Happi coat is like.. at least resembles something. Some of them are these BS things that don't look like what they're supposed to).

But I still feel like I have to make the oragami to get the money out of the damn calendar. But I complain the whole time about it, and refuse to draw on the ones they want you to draw on (drawing's cheating!), and make fun of the irony of the helmet and pencil being made out of paper. Also, now I have all this damn oragami sitting around.

In short: I need a life.

No comments: