Friday, April 26, 2002

Heh, today in the shower I was thinking of my printer. (yes, I'm an odd duck) I was thinking, "I should blog about how funny me and my roommate's printers are, so that I'll remember how funny it is when I'm all old and stuff." (yes, my inner monologue adds "and stuff" to a lot of my thoughts)

Her Printer

Her printer will pick up large amounts of paper instead of one sheet at a time unless she feeds each individual sheet of paper in, one by one. Even then, this takes some finesse, otherwise it will crunch up the paper.

My Printer

Mine has more things wrong with it, but I still consider them less bad than having to load each individual sheet of paper one by one.

Huge. Mine is big, and I can't fit it in any of the shelves or deskspace in my stupid hole. This means I have it on the floor, right in front of my bed. Needless to say, I only trip over the damn thing 80 times a day. The printer is leading to some pretty creative cursing on my part. One time, I actually accidently kicked off the paper tray. It's not really tray shape, it's more the shape of one of those novelty back scratchers. So I didn't bother putting it back on, I figured it was more use as a novelty backscratcher. Only that led to my roommate's problem, it taking 80 sheets of paper at a time, so I had to put it back. Awww....

It won't cancel a print job, no matter how you beg, plead, or abuse it. I'm ALWAYS accidently printing things that have 80 pages in them, and deciding I don't want to. "Too bad," my printer says, "You're getting 80 pages of fun facts about Sartre!" Then it adds in a maniacal laugh. I don't appreciate that, it shows a lack of respect. Maybe I should kick it's backscratcher off again, that would show it!

Sometimes it prints things that are supposed to be black, blue. The profs think I'm a nonconformist now.

Sometimes (quite often, actually) it leaves little blobs of colored ink all over the page. The profs think I'm circus folk now.

Sometimes it just starts printing out blank sheets of paper, all on its own. I'm not sure why.


Times the number 80 has been used in this post: 80

No comments: