Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Ugh god I suck. I did SO badly on the audition. Most of it was nerves.

1) I was generally awkward (uhms and uhhs and stuff). Also, I had this mad flashback to the speech course they made me take freshman year, where they really emphasized eyecontact. So I was looking all over the place. Which, wouldn't be that bad, if it didn't freaking take my mouth away from the mike, making my voice not come out very good.

2) The song we had to talk after was Stroke 9's Kick Some Ass. I was going to try and sound all smart by saying what album it's from, since I'm a Stroke 9 fan and thought it'd make me sound like I know what the hell I'm doing. Unfortunately, I contorted "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" into "uh.... Silent Bob and Jay Strike Again." Or something horrible like that.

3) Public Service announcement. Not too great, not too bad.

4) Weather. Partway through, they start playing the next song, which they tell you they're going to do, but still freaked me out and I said "70 days" instead of "70" degrees.

5) Then we're supposed to announce the next song, and then say WZND Rock Station or whatever...... I got them backward. By this time I was panicing and wanted to get out of there, so U2's Elevation became, "NextsongElevationbyU2"

Oh how I loathe me. Roommate says I shouldn't let myself be discouraged, and go to another audition sometime, but I don't know if my self esteem could handle it. I feel like a jackass already, and I want to be in production not DJing anyway. And I get so damned nervous *sigh* If I ever do do it again, I should get my hands on some horse tranquilizers or something. Urgh.


AND, a lot of people there had worked at the radio station before. Not that that matters, because I sucked so much, but *sigh* I was really excited about this, too.

No comments: