Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Last night was.........nice. I had been studying, and my legs were getting cramped because of the position I had to put them to get to hold my reading lamp (putting the desk lamp on a desk is too logical for me), so I decided to take a walk. It was beautiful.

The weather was beautiful out all day, but a tad warm until dusk, which is about when I went out for my evening constitutional. The sky was the most beautiful azure "sky blue" I've ever seen, and the quad was great too. I have to say, that despite the lackwits' greatest attempts to ruin it by driving all over the grass and putting up crazy statues, the quad is one of the few things I appreciate about the school. It's like living next to a little park. All around, people loitered around enjoying the weather. Catch, frisbee, guitar practice, study......

And spring on the quad is great...... they have flowering trees planted all over, and they're all just starting to bloom. The flowers reminded me of last spring on the quad. They reminded me of my awful ag class in Turner last spring, practically the farthest point on campus away from where I live. Though I hated Turner at the time, it was really beautiful. Since it was kind of out in the middle of nowhere, it again had the "little park" effect on me, and they had the best flowering trees over there. And though kids usually aren't my thing, they had a little group of them at the back of Turner for day care always, and their laughter was always pleasant. They also remind me of my french teacher, who had been taking photos of the flowers last spring when she stopped to talk to me. It was nice to know that at least one prof hadn't forgotten me/bothered to get my name right in the first place. We talked and talked for almost a half hour, right there on the quad. One thing we talked about was my major and what I'm going to do with my life. She told me about her life, and how she thinks God helps us all find our way. Though I'm not religious, it made me feel better.

As it got darker and darker outside, the sky was still a gorgeous blue, though shaded. The trees were silhoutted against the sky, and more and more lights in the class buildings blinked out, while more and more street lamps winked on, as did the stars. Cook Hall, our concrete castle, lost it's artificial, fakey look.

All of that, and a CD to go with it (Saves The Day--Stay What You Are, for me) is heaven. Though STD (heh, I just noticed they have the same acronym as sexually transmitted disease) is a bit crass for such a night, I mostly ignored the lyrics and focused on the music. I think pop-punk is in my brain rhythms, it calms me down more than significantly slower music.


I felt like I belonged.


Yea, that was mushy, but I do want to remember some of the good times when i go back and read these :P

No comments: