Wednesday, April 17, 2002

I rented Dead Poet's Society last night. Good movie, I'd never seen it in its entirety before.

I'd actually been going for this movie that came out not that long ago, with Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman in it (no, I don't know the name). My roommate and I just remember the ads for it, because they were feeding each other noodles, and it was supposed to be "sexy" but we just thought that was funny. Anyway, we'd come across it at the library when we rented something else. The next time we were in a renting mood, we decided to get "the noodle movie" as we have dubbed it (We've been getting a lot of depressing/weird things lately, so we wanted something cheerful). But it was gone. And it was gone again last night. So I saw DPS and got it. Oh, and I Post-It'ted while I was there.

Anyway, I've decided my history prof has a "dead poet society complex." He's always saying "carpe diem." And I think he thinks he'll make us love history. Which, I loved history already, I don't know if the others in the class like it now. It's really a gen ed class, so there's only one history major. And I only took it because I freaked out last semester and took all sorts of extraneous classes to avoid choosing a major. Oh well. At least the poor guy's got us (me and the history major).

No comments: