Monday, April 22, 2002

It sucked. We coordinated our first meeting by email and I didn't know about it until the next day. They didn't tell me what the hell I was supposed to do until the day before we got together to put everything together, the night before the project was due. I had to sit there doing almost nothing for an hour and a half while they worked on it, drank beer, talked about getting wasted later, and said that an image map (which I'd be more than willing to do) was "a fucking waste of time" and how we wouldn't do one.

PS Dan wasn't too bad, it was mainly Jamie and Mike


The above is the evaluation of my ACS group that I'm turning in. And I was putting it mildly. They also sat around saying how ACS 160 (the class) was stupid and too fucking easy, and how ACS 168 (the class I'm going to take next) is stupid and too fucking hard. They're the damn ACS majors (computers), and THEY think it's pointless? What about me? I'm only a minor, and I actually registered for the class before I declared that. And I wasn't the one bitching.

I had to sit around while they did most of the coding. Coding we wouldn't have to sit around and do if we'd been able to coordinate it all at the first meeting. Instead, no one knew the template, or the file names to make the links back and forth work (it's an online tutorial thing). Hell, I didn't even know what I was doing until right before then. I did ONE little thing in that whole stupid time. And THAT was made harder by the fact that we were doing it at Jamie's place, and he only had a million other people in there drinking and talking, and his girlfriend in there doing one of his other projects FOR him. They all decided to get wasted afterwards, and kept talking about it. Mike intends to drive drunk tonight, the bastard. I REALLY wanted to bust some heads together.

This was preceded by a 2 1/2 hour meeting for my England trip. Only it was more socialization, a cookout. Burgers that we ate outside in the FREEZING cold, and then listened to the prof talk and talk and talk.

More bad: I was sitting next to all of these girls that I'm going to have to spend 3 weeks living together with in a foreign country. Girls who say such things as:

"*giggle* Well, I'm not taking my hairdryer, but I'm definately taking my curling iron. *giggle*"

"*giggle* Well, I'm taking my hairdryer, but not my curling iron. Let's share!."

"*giggle* Well, I brought the adapter for stuff. We can share that too! *giggle*"


"*giggle* Well, I need a suitcase for clothes, a suitcase for miscellaneous stuff, and I could not do away with my suitcase for shoes *giggle*"


"*giggle* The last time I went to England, I bought so many clothes I had to leave half of my old ones! *giggle*"

Even the other giggle girls were a bit taken aback at that one


"*giggle* I can never get up when my alarm goes off, I have to hit snooze over and over for about half an hour. *giggle*"

"*giggle* You too? I do the same thing! *giggle*"

"*giggle* Me too! *giggle*"


I find the last extremely annoying, as I have lived with someone who does that.

And other such comments. And they were so coated with makeup and hairspray that

1) I'm sure that when we're all dead they'll be perfectly preserved in some alien museum somewhere
2) I can just see me dying to get into the joint bathroom because I have to pee, but them taking forEVER in there fixing their hair and makeup.

Good: The girl who drove me home seems nice. There was this guy that laughed at a joke of mine at one of the other meetings, thus signifying that he doesn't think I'm a crazy bastard like the makeup women. There was a girl there who was all wanting to get in my convo with the professor about those shots they give to RH negative women who have RH positive children. The four annoying girls plan to room together, so I prolly won't have to share a bathroom with them.

Plus: I'M GOING TO ENGLAND!!!!! And I'm going to see MY EX CONJOINED TWIN!!!!!!

How cool is that?

No comments: