Monday, May 12, 2003

Oh, here's something I've wanted to blog about for some time: a local Christian bookstore of ours, Berean, has been having ads lately where they have the American flag, or our troops or something, and are all "go to church this sunday" at the end.

No, not, "go to church and pray for our troops," just go to church. Okay, I know they're not trying to be "if you don't go to church, you're not patriotic," but it comes so close that it really, really annoys me. Being American is not being Christian. They are two unrelated things that Berean should not try to tie together. I mean, we practically invented separation of church and state. We're the first to clearly put it in writing, certainly.

So I'd like to say to Berean Bookstores: STOP BEING SUCH BUTTHEADS AND GO BACK TO PUSHING VEGGIE TALES PARAPHANALIA SANS PATRIOTIC PROPAGANDA.

No comments: