Friday, September 10, 2004

Just today I realized another reason why I love TV-10. Or at least video production in general. Basically, I've gotten to the point where I can look at a shot I've made and just be amazed how great it looks. Now, I'm not going to give myself huge credit for that, but it still feels good. And I also like how it draws my attention to things that are beautiful on their own, that I might not have noticed otherwise.

Lately, this has particularly happened when I shoot people. Like, when I'm in person with them, talking, I don't really notice anything. But later, when I'm editting my footage, I'll just be like, "Wow... this woman looks amazingly good for 100 years old," or, "How could I not realize that this guy was so hot?" or "That woman is absolutely gorgeous." So it's nice to see people looking beautiful, even if it's only after they're long gone and I'll probably never see them again.

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful.

--John Constable

No comments: