Tuesday, September 14, 2004

So... I've thought for a long time now that the radio stations around here sucked, but they have gone down the tubes in a serious way lately. I'm not even kidding... I admit I'm a little picky, but you'd think that with 6 different radio station presets, I could find something at least half of the time. But no.

One of the worst parts is the two modern rock stations have been playing obscene amounts of hair metal lately. What is this? It's a modern rock station. When I tune into it, the farthest back in time I personally want to go is grunge. And for some reason, both stations play Highway to Hell ALL THE TIME. Three times as much as any of the other stupid hair metal songs. How about some variety!

Also, these same two stations keep playing copious amounts of The Beastie Boys. Which not only old, but not even rock. Which, usually, I'm fairly neutral on the Beasties. But I'm going insane, because again, it's not like they play all the Beastie's songs. They mainly pick Fight For Your Right To Party. I swear to you I heard it twice today. And it's not like I spend all day in my car just waiting to catch FFYRTP, I came across it on accident in the car two different times. And it's just not a convincing song. I've heard over and over constantly the last month or two and have still yet to party or fight for my right to do so.

The worst bit, though, is that all of the other stations besides those two and the oldies station I have tuned in constantly play Hootie and the Blowfish. Okay, in moderate amounts: not too bad. I even have the one album (I know, I'm totally lame). But again, they only play one song. "I Only Want to Be With You." When I realized the # of times I've heard that damn song this week was almost in double digits, a little part of me died inside. I think that's a rule, you hit a certain number of times of hearing that song, and your soul just curls up and dies. You just look down one day and are like, "Whoa. Hootie and the Blowfish killed my soul, man. Damn you and your homogenous brand of catchy pop music, Hootie! Damn yooooooouuuuu!"


P.S. Ben Folds is playing in my town in October, which is pretty much a chance I don't want to miss, because I'm always whining about how I'd like to see him in concert someday but am too much of a feeb to drive, well, anywhere outside of my town. The problem is: I can't find at all where I would go to buy tickets. (I tried ticketmaster and the IWU (school where he's playing)'s website, and his website, and still no leads. Any ideas, more seasoned concert-goers?

We're outta here like Vladimir

--Eve 6

No comments: