Saturday, September 04, 2004

Today was really great, I hung out with one of my high school friends. Well, really, the only high school friend I ever really hang out with very much if you've read the blog long enough to know anything like that.

She's actually in town indefinately right now. After she graduated from U of I, she was/is going to go into gradschool, but is trying to get an experience-building job of some sort and is living with her parents for the moment. So that is cool for me, as I am not rolling in the popularity at this time. We actually have hung out some since she came back to town but I haven't really gone into it.

Anyways we watched Ice Age and Donnie Darko, which now that I think about it is a rather interesting combo. Anyway, instead of renting, we both just watched movies we already had. She was the source of Ice Age which I hadn't seen for a really long time and wanted to, and I was the source of Donnie Darko, which she'd heard about once and had wanted to see. I was a little worried about DD, because it's not exactly the kind of film you want to show to a really religious person that you don't know hugely well* and aren't sure how judgemental they are because of how dark it is and all the curse words etc. But she seemed to like it pretty well (though she could've just been polite). This also being despite the fact that her DVD player was having sound problems and we only heard about half the dialogue (I had to kind of walk her through the rest), which is again kind of bad with a film that is hard to follow even if you can hear it fine.

We drove around some too, which we like to do. I was actually really impressed, she had a mix tape I made her over a year ago in the car. I'm used to people not really likeing tapes I make for them and then politely saying they do, so I was frankly amazed and pleased that she actually had it in the car. As nice as she is, I don't even think she'd go to the length to plant it in the car just for me to notice today because I am generally terrible at noticing things, actually. So that was cool.

Phrase that should be a band name #3: "Mild Peril" (the reason, according to Ice Age's packaging, that it is a PG film)

Greatly amusing conversation tidbit:

HSFriend: Ahh, Dairy Queen. That's where I first met [guy we talk about ALL the time].
Me: You met him at Dairy Queen? I thought it was at Kroger.
HSF: It was at Kroger.
Me: Then why did you say Dairy Queen?
HSF: Dairy Queen's right next to Kroger.

___
* We used to know each other really well, but have drifted some since high school. And actually, she probably still knows me pretty well, as I am a chatterbox and talk and talk and talk about myself if someone lets me, whereas she keeps a little more to herself unless prodded.

No comments: