Monday, September 20, 2004

When you can't even have fun on a bus the day after you've watched Speed: the novelty of bus-riding has definately worn off. I just hate the fact that it literally takes me a half hour to get from my class or TV-10 to the damn parking lot where my car is before I can even start the commute proper. I could maybe shave 5 or 10 minutes off of that time by walking myself instead of taking the bus there, but 25 minutes of walking is not really something I'm willing to commit to unless it's an absolutely gorgeous day out.

Also, I think I have multiple personality disorder or something. When I get up, I pick a CD for my discman, then pack it in my backpack and later listen to it while I'm waiting for the bus. Today I got to the bus stop, and for the life of me I couldn't remember what I picked out until I turned it on. And for the first 3 seconds listening to it I was like, "Matchbox Twenty? Why the hell did I pick this? I never listen to Matchbox Twenty anymore!" and then after that I was all, "This is awesome! I haven't listened to "Real World," in ages. Now I know why I picked it!" and totally got into the rest of the songs too, to the point where I was a little embarassed at rocking out on my headphones in front of my fellow bus-waiters. Not embarassed enough to actually stop doing it, though. Rocking out at the bus stop is my god given right and if it makes being on/waiting for the bus even slightly more bearable, I'll be damned if I let a little embarrassment get in my way!

I wish the real world would just stop hasslin' me.

--"Real World," Matchbox Twenty

No comments: