Friday, September 24, 2004

Pretty good day today, TV-10 went well and all.

The best part of today was hanging out with one of my high school friends again tonight. We went to see Napoleon Dynamite, which was just hilarious. I had been wanting to see it for a long time, but didn't think I had any friends who would be into that sort of thing, but she was the one who actually suggested going to see it tonight.

Anyway, we both loved it. I can see how it might not be for everyone, but if you've ever known anyone remotely like that, and enjoy absurd humor, it's funny as hell. Also, I think you have to be at least a certain age. There was this group of like, Jr. High age kids there that you could just tell didn't get it.

Napoleon Dynamite: What the flip was grandma doing at the sand dunes?

ND: Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!

ND: Deb just called me. She pretty much hates me by now.
Pedro: Why?
ND: Because my uncle Rico's an IDIOT.
Pedro: Do you have anything to give to her?
ND: No. Not unless she likes fish.


--Napoleon Dynamite

No comments: