Wednesday, June 14, 2006

1) MEH. I thought a break from work would make me less burned out, and thus happier to be at work than when I left, but this was wrong. It makes me miss not working even more now that I've had a taste of it. It had also made me forget all the BS we've had lately RE: less hours and ending up being at registers all the time, so it was extra annoying to come back to it and be like, "oh, yeah.... I forgot how crappy this was." BUT, I was happy to see my buddies again. Sista and Optpri seemed particularly happy I was back, and we're having dinner tomorrow. Optpri even wore the ugly shirt in response to the text message I sent her while I was away, consisting of, "I miss your ugly shirt. And your ugly face." Boy am I a great friend.

2) You KNOW you did nothing over your vacation when two different times during your first day back, a movie comes up and you're like, "I just watched that a couple of days ago!" Sexy had on a Boondock Saints T-shirt, so I felt the need to inform him that I'd seen it, and later on I was making a drilling motion with my hand at my head to illustrate what listening to the new Bruce Springsteen Seeger sessions album does to my nerves, and Mulva's like, "In a Pi mood, eh?" and I was like, "I just watched that a couple of days ago!" True story. Also several times I was asked if I gambled, which I had to say no to. Sista was like, "not even one quarter?" and I was like, "Yeah, Ryan told me I should when I was in the airport about to go back (they have slots frickin everywhere there, the airport, the grocery store, gas stations, etc.) and I was like, 'Why don't YOU do it!' and he was like, 'I don't really want to waste a quarter.' and that's pretty much how I feel too." Also a true story. Most people DID think it was pretty lame that I went to Vegas and didn't do that much, but SCREW YOU! I lived out Ocean's 11! Kind of.

3) Sista also brought up the problem I already know I'm going to have with my parents RE: Ryan visiting in August. Seriously, I don't really want to tell them, because what business of theirs is it anyhow? Since I'll be living on my own by then, if I were hanging out with one of my regular friends, they wouldn't even care, there would be no reason to tell them. Also, if he were going to serial kill me, I think he would've done it back when I was on his turf. Lastly, him visiting will only further give them the wrong impression that we are doing it, which, just to make sure the world absolutely knows: WE ARE NOT. But on the other hand, if it comes up for some reason, I don't want to look like I was lying or something because that will make me look like a liar, and even MORE like I am doing it but ashamed. Believe me, when I do it I will not be ashamed! I will let the world know that it has been done with much bragging and pelvic thrusting! But until there is doing of it, I do not want my parents under an erroneous impression about it.

4) People are already asking me if I've moved yet, perhaps because since Mouse is no longer at work they figure he's moved out, thus clearing the stage for me. No, it has not happened. It will happen sometime near the beginning of July. No, I am not exactly sure because Mouse has never told me precisely, plus the landlord wants to clean and paint a little after he's gone, and I don't know how long that will take. I kind of wish I had some measurements of the place so that I could go around buying stuff already, but I don't really want to call up Mouse and badger him to let me measure stuff while he's still living there.

5) I have a new phone! Yes.... this actually happened before my trip, but now I have finally given the number out (actually I just texted a whole bunch of people with "yo, this is from Phoe's new cell!") to everyone, and am going to try to remember to actually keep it turned on most of the time. It's a pay as you go type thing, so I miiight end up just signing up for a real plan after I use up the minutes I have on it already, but I am not sure. I will be sure to text everyone "learn my NEW new number, bitches!" again if I do switch phones. I am addicted to texting already, by the way. I blame Sista.

6) Deep dark secrets I learned about Ryan when I was in Vegas: he was beaten up by the Chess Team in high school, he has lots of dead hookers in his basement, and the dead hookers have occaisonally beaten him up too, but he likes it.

7) I wish my bowels were like they were in Vegas. It makes me sad that they're bad again. I think maybe it was my eating habits in Vegas? At home I have a tendency to eat constantly and/or too much at once. Whereas I ate like a normal person over there. My dad even asked me if I lost weight because he thought I looked thinner. This bodes well for when I move out, as I will probably eat more normally then too.

8) My parents are crazy. Right when I got home and was crazy tired, they peppered me with questions about the trip and I was all, "don't want to talk now. too tired." But after I finally napped and was well rested: no questions at all.

No comments: