Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hmm..... I really wish I knew whether or not we are going to have an employee appreciation days this July, because I have stuff I want to buy that if I don't get a special day for, I just want to go ahead and buy already.

Add to that:

Giraffes? Giraffes! and Your Disgusting Head, two faux children's reference books put out by the McSweeney's people. They're in the bargain section right now, for like 3 bucks each. Hilariously, they are in with the actual children's books, and people have been mistaking them for such.

Music I am thinking of buying or stealing: Of Montreal: The Sunlandic Twins.

Book I am thinking of reading: I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.

I also have to buy something for my nephew's birthday. And then my Dad's birthday.

Speaking of which, today was the brother in law's birthday, and I apparently picked well for him. He has liked books by Jon Stewart and Bill Maher, and the only other passions of his I know of are sports and Star Wars, of which I know not that much. So I went ahead and got him Brain Droppings by George Carlin. I figure it is snarky and observational enough, and I didn't think he had it already. I kind of wanted to get When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops, but I couldn't find it that day, and to be honest I took like 2 minutes picking this out for him. But he did say he liked it, so I think I'm pretty awesome. I'm still no Optpri, but I really think working in a book store is honing my picking out books for other people skills.

No comments: