Sunday, June 25, 2006

I really felt like crap today (colitis--so you know it was really bad for me to leave. If I took off EVERY time I felt moderately shitty due to colitis I would never work) so I ended up leaving about an hour into my shift. I kind of hate the way we have the whole thing set up. If you do not come to work, leave early, or come late, even if you have a good excuse, you get an occurance. You get however many occurances in six months, you're reprimanded, and if you keep it up you get fired.

Which sucks because it means even if we're technically allowed personal time, it still looks bad to the rest of the company if you ever want a promotion or transfer. And if you hit the magic number you're in trouble. EVEN IF YOU HAVE A CRIPPLING BOWEL DISEASE THAT YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER.

Anyway, I lied (laid?) around most of the day. Usually I can get into kind of a doze that makes the time pass quicker until my body becomes reasonable again, but my parents were talking up a storm right outside my room today for some reason, so the painful day just crawled by.

After I felt better (about 5:00), my parents took me to Noodles, though. So that was a positive note.

No comments: