Tuesday, June 20, 2006

This is kind of for my own purposes, because a lot of the things on there I am always forgetting, have been wanting to see/read/hear for years now, and I am tired of it!

Movies I mean to see:

Trainspotting
Bubble
Memento
Identity
Oh Brother Where Art Thou?
Tron
Sid & Nancy
Dummy
Four Rooms
everything by Miyazaki except for Spirited Away, which is the only one I've already seen
Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead

Books I mean to read:

Fluke (which is the book I have checked out now but can't find)
Practical Demonkeeping
Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
Dirty Job - Christopher Moore for all of the above
Stiff - Mary Roach
Smoke & Mirrors - Neil Gaiman (I kind of want to read all the Sandman series too, but I don't know where I can check it out for free, I can't really at work because we only have one copy of each)
Assasination Vacation - Sarah Vowell
Yes Man - Danny Wallace
Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers
Possible Side Effects
Dry
Running With Scissors - Augusten Burroughs for the above as well
Kurt Vonnegut's nonfiction backlogue
something or other by Don Delillo, someone once told me I might like him but I've never gotten around to it

Books I have already read but mean to buy at some point:

Long Way Down
Anansi Boys
The few remaining pieces of the Kurt Vonnegut fiction backlogue I've checked out at various libraries. Bluebeard comes to mind first, it's one of my favorites but I don't have it, but there are others.

Music I am considering to buy or steal:

Say Anything is a Real Boy - Say Anything
The New Fellas - The Cribs
No Rest for Ghosts - Minus Story
The Red Tree - Moneen
anything Ben Folds has offered exclusively on Itunes but that I couldn't get Itunes, as my old computer is a piece of crap.

Conver I had with Ryan RE: my movie list:

Sui: man I have Tron
Sui: we should have watched that
Phoemeister: Tron is kind of a joke, I'm planning to see it with Optpri sometime because we talk about it all the time
Phoemeister: haha, I saw it at your place and thought of saying something
Phoemeister: but I'm pretty losery already without having to admit that when I was in vegas I watched Tron
Sui: haha

No comments: