Saturday, June 17, 2006

So.... I guess your life is alright when this is the most pressing thing on your brain, but still, it is driving me nuts. I just have not had the energy (I've been working every morning since I got back, and when I get home from work my legs have been killing me) to tear through everything and completely resolve the issue, but I am constantly worrying about it:

Phoemeister: I'm seriously tired of being forgetful though
Phoemeister: there's this book I checked out from work, and I thought I had returned it, but I guess I didn't, and now i can't find it and now I might have to buy it even though I don't want to. And it will doubly blow if I really did return it, but there's no way to know for sure.
Sui: hmm there's not any kind of record keeping or sign in sheet or anything?
Phoemeister: Yeah, well the managers have a file on the computer or something. And it says I didn't return it. BUT, the thing is all the time I'll bring something back I checked out and whoever's supposed to sign it back in forgets and lets it sit there like five hours. AND the place we usually let things like that sit also accumulates random other crap, so someone else could've conceivably picked it up and shelved it without knowing. But since it would've happened before I left for vacation, I don't think anyone would remember whether they saw it there or not.
Sui: so you shoudl totally just go there, and sign that you returned it
Phoemeister: I'm hoping I find it..... I haven't done a 100% thorough search around the house yet, and my stuff IS torn up from my mom making me "clean" before I left, but I really don't think I'm going to find it
Sui: and then feign ignorance when they ask where it is now
Phoemeister: but I am not 100% sure I DID return it, which is where the being tired of my own forgetfulness comes in :/

No comments: