Thursday, June 15, 2006

Today started rather poorly. Our power went out, so I went to McDonald's for breakfast, and of course the McDonald's stalker was there. That dude must work 70 hours a week.

He was all, "You haven't been in for awhile!" and I didn't really want to be like, "That's because I avoid you now!" or tell him I went on vacation because that would engage me in more awkward small talk, so I was just like, "Uh, yeah, that's how it goes sometimes."

Then at work I mentioned the McDonald's stalker, and everyone was all, "How is HE the stalker when you go to where HE is?" Renegade said I should use it to my atvantage, by trying to get free food and/or to get him free food. "Just touch his hand or something! You'll get a 10 piece nuggets!"

On an unrelated note, during reccomends this morning, Sexy reccomended that my mother "stop being such a hoebag," which made me like him more. It is clear he speaks my language.

Though usually annoying, shiv too cracked me up with a dig, this one at my trip: "You went to Vegas and didn't gamble? That's like going to the country and not riding a horse!" though Optpri later pointed out that sticking a quarter in a slot machine is still way easier than riding a horse, so shame on me.

Speaking of which, she and Sista and I went to Maggie Miley's for dinner. I tried Boxty or whatever it was, and was not impressed. Optpri was crazy nice and paid for it so I could get something else, since she suggested the place. So I totally demolished some cheesy potato skins. We had a lot of fun, discussing how the store's tea looks like it's "on the rag" (our tea filters apparently look like feminine hygiene products to some, my opinion was more "if it comes out that bright of a pink, you must have some crazy problems"), how Optpri has poisoned Mulva's mind against me, and how we should all watch Tron together soon.

Afterwards Sista and I went to B & N. I don't know why, but it is a TON of fun to go there. We looked through stupid magazines that we normally would make fun of, relationship self help books, and I looked at the pez pricing guide. It turns out I have quite a few old ones from when my sister and I were little that are about 20 bucks now, if I want to go to the effort of trying to find someone to buy them. Funnily, none of the actually cool ones are worth anything, just the stupid old holiday ones like the "easter chick" or whatever that I thought were a dime a dozen. Then we took self help quizzes with a pen we borrowed from the B & N staff, and then took the cosmo quiz. We gleaned that Sista is a hell raiser and I am boring.

Then we went to Dairy Queen and harassed people using my new cell phone! Whoo

No comments: