Thursday, March 07, 2002

Gah, I HAVE to blog about my stupid history midterm.....

First, the prof is a HARD grader, and almost made me hyperventilate by saying how far we were supposed to be at certain times, and I wasn't there, but then I ended up getting done early from rushing so much, and couldn't relaly go back and fix anything. My only consolation is my handwriting's horrible when I'm in a hurry, and the poor bastard has to read like 5 or 6 pages of it. Still have the other half, the part I was REALLY dreading, and still am dreading, on fri.

Plus, this guy just really makes me worry, because there's only two other grades in the entire class, and the first one I only got a 91 on, but was in the top five of the class, he's tight with grades. AND, I only got that 91 because I accidently heard the due date wrong, and got it done a week early, and MADE him read it and make comments (he didn't really want to), and I made extensive revision and I'm a pretty good writer anyway. What's he going to do to me on this midterm? I SWEAR we have a whole hour to answer one essay question next class period, and he's given us the questions, and they're so general I can't study for them properly, and I can't make a decent essay in one class period, and if he's giving us the whole class period, he must expect it to be decent.

It reminds me of this one teacher I had in highschool that I despised. The tests we'd take would be part objective, part one long essay. And it was an english class, so they cared about structure and style, but you had hardly any time to write the damned thing. (I don't mind writing essays if all they care about is the content, because I can SO spew out the proper content. But if they want it to be all pretty, after spewing it out right on the spot, they're psycho). So I'd get an A on all the other questions, but I'd flunk the essay, because the witch didn't happen to like my writing style (I HAVE had a few english teachers that actually do appreciate my writing, so I think she was just picky). So I'd get a C or D on the test, even though I'd KNOW what I was doing. I'm afraid this dude will do the same thing to me.....

Heh, after awhile, I didn't care anymore and would do half the essay on whatever it was sposed to be, and the other half an essay on why she shouldn't do this to us. She didn't appreciate that, though. I don't think this guy would either.

heh, and I'm sposed to be writing a philosophy essay right now (I haven't done any of the reading it's based on yet either) but I'd rather blog.

OH, and honors societies = extortionists. 60 dollars to join one, 40 dollars for another...... I really need to join some crap to pad my lame-ass resume, but I'm pooor, I'm a pooor college student saving up to go to England. Why the hell do they need to pump us for cash, we're already paying to go to damn college, I'm just lucky my parents are footing that bill.... But I'd think a lot of people are as broke as I am, or more so...... wah..

that is all.

No comments: