Sunday, May 05, 2002

I think the number one indicator that finals are getting to me is the title I almost just gave my paper on Sartre:

Freedom and Responsibility (Existentialism style--break it down!)

yea. Of course, I ended up just cutting of the part in the paren's, leaving it nice and bland, suitable for professor consumption. I thought of naming it "Responsibility, what's that?" after the MXPX song, in the fine tradition I have of naming papers after punk songs (I had another paper, "Do you have the time to listen to me whine?" after Greenday's "Basketcase" in which I actually quoted another Greenday song, "She," in the paper), but I've sadly already used "Responsibility, what's that?" on a paper for my Westerns class last semester. You KNOW it's pathetic when you want to use the same punk song title/paper title more than once.

On a sadder note: I'm beginning to think I'm a very unoriginal person. I mean, i know I quote movies and TV quite a bit, but last week, I came up with a partial song, "How Many People Want To Skip Some Class?" ripped off of Stroke 9's "How Many People Want To Kick Some Ass?" And my roommate thought I stole it from SNL. I think that's sad, when you come up with an original joke and people still think you stole it off of TV. *sigh* Oh well.

No comments: