Wednesday, May 01, 2002

My roommate and I have the most [dorky] fun, and I never blog about it. Well, I'm changing that, today!

Sometimes I forget how small she is... She wanted to borrow some pants yesterday. Not only were they awfully long on her, but they were practically falling down. (I do wear kind of big pants anyway) They were so big, she was able to do the "Look! I lost 50 pounds on the Jarod Subway Diet!" thing, holding them out with her thumb. Which she promptly did. We laughed.

Later yesterday, we rented some movies. We couldn't find anything too good, so we ended up with Shrek, and this other children's movie. The other movie is called "Murder, She Purred," and is based on some mystery books my mom reads where there is this cat and dog that "talk" to each other (the humans don't understand, of course) and help solve the mystery. Sadly, I'm not much of a mystery book reader, but I do read my mom's mysteries if they have animals in them, so though I'd not read the particular one this movie was based on, I was familiar with most of the characters. Roommate went outside, and I was the one who had to check out "Shrek" and "Murder, she purred," it was pretty funny/embarassing :P

Shrek was good as always, and Murder she purred wasn't too bad. However, Murder, she purred was a riot when it came to things we could make fun of it for.

At one point, the dog's eating something, and he's like "Mmmm, paprika!" Roommate's like "Do dogs like paprika?" and I was like "What I find funny is that he can tell that it's paprika. 'Hmmm...... Not oregono.... definately.....paprika!'"

Then later, the dog finds some cheese on the floor and is like "Mmmm, dirty cheese!" We laughed so hard. Do we really need to be informed that the cheese is dirty? It IS on the floor. Who even wrote that line? "Hmm.... not oregono.....not paprika......definately......dirt!"

Plus, Ricki Lake played the main character, so every so often we had to be like, "Keep your hands off my man!"

Then, the cat was overly paranoid, and kept saying things about how this one guy is a murderer. There's this one line she says about him eating his own mother, and it comes out of nowhere. I just imagined a group of writers writing this, and one guy being like, "Lets make the cat think he's baking his own mother into meatloaf and serving it to Ricki Lake!" And the other guys all turning to him, and being like, "Sometimes we worry about you, Bill." Roomate said she imagined that when that line came up, one of the other writers was like "well, we'll put that in. But only if you let me put in my thing about dirty cheese!"

And Ricki divorced 9 months ago, and everyone's trying to hook her up with the murder suspect. They act like she's crazy for not starting dating again before this. We joked about how she must have a gaping hole in her soul, being without a man for a whole 9 months.

Yea, I know this is a weird post :P

No comments: