Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Ugh... Now that I'm home, this is like the "all mom insults all the time" blog.

Today: She yelled and yelled and yelled at me. I mean, usually she's angry at me for something or other, but this time she practically screamed at me at the top of her lungs.

Why?

I had a minor role in the failure of her taping Ally McBeal and LA Law: The Movie.

See, the woman is a TV addict. Not only does she find something to watch every night no matter what (we don't even have cable), but almost every night she finds something to tape while she is watching whatever it is. Sometimes, she even needs to tape something on a third channel. And this is nearly every night. Anyway, when i want to watch something on the VCR, I generally take the tape she's using out and place it in front of the VCR. I've done this for as long as she's been taping so much TV. I did this, my dad vaccumed, moving the tape, which leads mom to not realize her tape isn't in the VCR, leading her to not tape LA Law and Ally McBeal.

Okay: I know it's a disappointment. I don't watch nearly the same amount of TV she does, but I do have to tape it to a large degree. I've screwed up, the VCR itself has screwed up: I've missed my TV. I feel sad. But not sad enough to light into my secondborn child with the fury of a pent-up hurricane.

I took a bit of the yelling good naturedly. After awhile though, I couldn't help being like, "You know, i set the tape down there all the time. You were never mad at me because of it before. How was I to know?" And then later, when she keeps yelling at me, I'm like "You know, keeping yelling at me won't fix this, and it's making me feel bad." "I don't care how you feel! I missed LA Law and Ally McBeal!"

*sigh*

Dad: so lucky--she didn't see him until she'd calmed down, all he got was a caution to never do this again.

This is going to be a loooooong summer. Hey, anyone out there up to boarding a college student for the summer? I don't eat much......

No comments: