Saturday, May 11, 2002

Welp, what've I been up to lately?

Move-out (of my dorm). A pain, of course, but not as bad as it could be. We actually planned to do it the one day this week it hasn't rained. Still a pain, especially with the crappy parking--doubly so with my mom complaining about how the parking is so much worse at the new dorm than the old dorm--but it's supposed to be a pain, it's move-out.

I guess I had more (and more interesting) comments about move-out, but I don't feel as inclined to blog when I'm at home. The creative juices cease to flow, I'm a lot more sluggish.

Oh, here's a funny anecdote: My mom's been harassing a guy from some appliance repair place lately. It's hilarious, she uses the MOST stalkeresque comments, such as "I'm not going away, and "I know where you live.*" If I'm out there eating breakfast while she's doing it, I have to smirk into a napkin or something. Apparently, he owes my sister like 60 dollars or something, and my mom's stopping at nothing to get it back.

What kills me, (this is so pathetic I don't even find it funny anymore, like the preceding comments) is that after she calls up the guy to yell at him (he says he's going to start charging her a buck out of the money he owes every time she calls him, now--I DO find that funny. And pathetic of him, it's obvious the slimeball never intends to return any of it, why should we care it he takes a buck or two off of it (though of course it makes my mother burning mad)?) she calls up everyone else she knows, and brags about harassing the man, and how he has a horrible rating at the better business bureau. It makes me feel icky inside that she actually brags about making people feel bad. It reminds me of this one time that we needed our monitor replaced, it was under warranty, but they had some loophole so they weren't going to give us one, and she yelled and yelled and yelled at the poor customer service employees until they ended up giving her one so that she'd leave them alone, even though they weren't supposed to. She bragged about that too. Also--I think it's pathetic. His standing at the better business bureau obviously predated our involvement, as it takes several incidents for your rating to become that bad. Obviously, we didn't check with the better business bureau before hiring him. Who else is really checking with the BBB?

Pretty soon, my mom is going to hire a lawyer to get the money back for more than the guy owes in the first place. I don't think that's that bad, it's something I might do--stuff like what that guy is doing would piss me off too--but I bet she has a field day if it ever goes to court and she wins. It's not even her money, it's my sister's. I think the woman likes to make people feel bad, sometimes.

* Actually, she said i know your address, but it struck me very much in the same tone as "I know where you live." Actually, she said it because the original address for his business was an abandoned house, and she was informing him she knows where it really is, or something.

No comments: