Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I'm actually a little proud of the paper I was complaining about just now, the one where I have to work penises in where they don't belong. I think I did a fairly good job of it, also working in a lot of other random stuff that didn't belong into it. Oh, I also love how in another article I had to use, the lady's at great pains to prove that Shadow of a Doubt is darker than the family comedy it first appears to be, by drawing on all of this subtle incest stuff that may or may not be there, and this seedy bar that's out of place in the picturesque town etc. etc. But she doesn't even go into the fact that the Uncle turns out to be the friggin' Merry Widow Murderer! I think that is really what does in the happy family image, myself. All the subtle stuff helps a little, but I think it's more that the Uncle's a raging, pschoycopathic serial killer does the most work in that direction. But she's like, "Incest. I must prove there's incest!"

Anyway, now that I have my papers done, I'm feeling a little bit at loose ends, which is kind of weird. All I have left now is my final, which isn't till next wednesday.

Oh, I actually know a couple of the people graduating with me, which is nice. I wasn't sure if I would, seeing as how I've outlasted many of the people I started with, and am graduating midyear. But I was talking about it in my film class yesterday, and a guy I actually know quite well from TV-10 is graduating. And another guy who I've had a couple classes with overheard us, and was like, "I'm graduating too!" so I know at least two others. Not that either of their last names are close to mine, and I'm going to be near them in the procession, but eh, you take what you can get.

No comments: