Tuesday, December 14, 2004

So I'm more depressed than ever, I went to the TV-10 holiday lunch, and this guy I know who works at the station I'm going to intern at is all telling me how people in the TV business go out of their way to be mean and screw you over. And photographers are shat on, because they're basically the lowest on the foodchain. Great. Why do people not tell you these things before you decide to devote your life to something? Anyway, people were telling me today that I have to become a total bastard just to protect myself. Which is not the person I want to be. And I won't be that person, even if I have to fail and work at stupid Wal Mart for the rest of my life.

In other news, I think most of my spyware problems are being cleared up. Turns out all I needed to do was unleash my mom on the problem. You know, as little patience as she exhibits with me, and other human problems, the woman loves solving computer problems. Really. She's not just not annoyed. She actually likes doing it. I actually feel sad about that, she was born decades too late to be someone who does that for a living, because she would've really been one of those people who loved their job if she did that, I think.

The first two of the graduation "presents" (cash -- very few people actually give actual presents, I've found) have come in. I don't know if I didn't remember how much cash I got last time, or if college is a bigger deal than high school, but I am loaded now. My Aunt and my Grandpa each sent me quite a lot of money. It makes me feel guilty. My mom says to keep it all separate and buy something big with it, but there's nothing big I want. Maybe if I was moving out right now or something and needed appliances and stuff. I guess I'll just save it all till then.

Oh, one good thing I did learn at the holiday lunch is the Avid room ISN'T going to be closed during break, so I can spend some of my normally unproductive hours learning how to use it, thus not looking horribly idiotic when I show up at the station. Which, I'm going to start calling it "the station," from now on so that if someone by freak accident finds my blog, they don't find references to the actual name of the station on here and I get thrown out on my ass.

(I want to sex you up comes on the radio)
Guy: This isn't christmas music!
Me: It gets me in the christmas mood. Because I like to sex people up at chrismas.
Guy: I like how you say that with no emotion whatsoever in your voice.
Me: I like to actually do it with no emotion whatsoever.

No comments: