Wednesday, December 08, 2004

So, the closer and closer it gets to graduation the more and more it seems like they're not going to screw me over and be like, "no graduation for you!" at the last minute!"

Which is good. But I'm freaking out a little bit. The real world? Am I ready for that? Can I handle that? School is all I know.

Anyway, the "participation instructions" section of the graduation website finally loaded. Which, is another relief, because for ages it wouldn't load, leading me to believe I would, again, somehow do something wrong and they'd screw me over and it'd be like, "no graduation for you!" But the instructions are surprisingly self evident, leading me to wonder why I needed to look at them anyway. "wear your cap and gown." "don't bring alcohol to the ceremony."

Which is actually refreshing compared to the thousands of Nazi-like restrictions of my high school ceremony. We actually had a dress code for UNDER our gowns. What is that? Guys had to wear whatever guys wear when they dress up, and girls had to wear dresses. Dresses! No pants. Not even nice pants. And they made us unzip our gowns beforehand to prove we didn't try and get away with wearing shorts and a tee shirt under our gowns or something equally unthinkable. I'm thinking it was a little more to screen out streakers, but still. You could get thrown out for not dressing up under your robe. I probably will have to dress up this time, despite less distractions, for the edification of my parents. I probably will get to wear pants, though, because I don't have any winter dresses.

In other news, I got a Christmas card from my grandpa and his girlfriend. ...and my parents haven't (yet). And it's sent my mom into an insane rage. If I hear one more thing about how the girlfriend has made Grandpa into a collossal jerk that doesn't care about mom, I will scream. Give it a rest. The man's happy. Can't you be happy for him?

No comments: