Friday, December 03, 2004

Today I did a live shot on the quad for the newscast. That I really didn't want to. It's cold out.

And last night I drug around a camera and tripod around a the zoo alone in the freezing cold when I didn't want to.

By in large, I love the photog biz, but the weather can really get you down. Especially since I've been dragging anyway ever since break. It's sort of sadistic, the way they give you a week break at thanksgiving and then make you come back for two more weeks. It's pointless. Either no break, an earlier break, or just the semester ends there, I say. One week of break and then two weeks of class and then the big christmas break just gets you out of sync and ready to quit for the semester. At least it does me. Especially since I've been having extra health problems since break. My mom pointed out maybe all the headache pills are what's causing the extra bowel problems, and she could be right. But my bowels have been known to act up out of no reason before too, so I'm reluctant to give up the headache stopping pills without sufficient proof.

I have two papers I should be writing right now. But... am not. You would think knowing that they're the last two papers I will ever have to write would make it easier, but no. I am finding it as difficult as ever to just yank them out of my ass already. Then I have a final. And am going to try to learn the Avid (an editting system that I should know by now but don't that they expect me to know at WEEK) during finals week, which actually shouldn't be too bad for me since I only have the one final. Then I have graduation. Then I am done! done! done!

Here is a conver I found amusing (that you'll probably find pointless) on the joy of filling out graduation announcements:


Phoemeister: Just addressed all my graduation announcements. Woohoo
Phoemeister: most of them are to these relatives I haven't seen since I was three
Phoemeister: I feel a little guilty, because basically it's like, "give me twenty dollars"
Kin: Yeah, but you're not saying that.
Kin: So it's okay.
Phoemeister: true
Phoemeister: and one of my relatives takes it to say, "give me an autographed picture of someone from star trek," so I'm interested to see what she comes up with this time :P
Kin: lol...Yeah. Maybe she'll get you a big movie poster or something.
Phoemeister: oooh :P
Phoemeister: I also find it annoying that we shelled out the big bucks (okay, the medium bucks) for the official jostens announcements, and the envelope adhesive is so shitty that it wouldn't stick and I had to just use scotch tape to close them all
Kin: You should've gotten those fancy seals.
Phoemeister: I did, but they're for the inner envelope.
Kin: Ah, right.
Phoemeister: Unless you're supposed to buy extra seals or something
Phoemeister: It's all too much
Kin: Well, you could get twice as many and use them for all the envelopes.
Phoemeister: I should've

No comments: