Wednesday, December 22, 2004

More drama from the sister:

You are more emotional than I thought. All we missed was everybody else graduating. We were there for the beginning, the speaker etc... And we saw you graduate. I really can't see what difference an hour of other people's names makes. I guess we just have different viewpoints. If the situation were reversed, all I would have cared about is someone being there for the time when my name was read and could have cared less about them sitting through everyone else. Also, I would rather have someone there who isn't complaining, or have them stay home, than come and complain because that ruins it for me.

Also, if you have a problem with me, again we have different viewpoints. Instead of grumping to someone else and me finding out later, I would rather have you talk to me about it yourself. Plus, you weren't entirely cordial, [her husband] heard you 'whispering' to Mom.

PS - Did you actually notice we left or did Mom tell you? Just curious.


and the totally insincere apologetic reply:


What I was whispering to mom about wasn't badmouthing you guys, by the way. He must've not understood. (which is true, that wasn't what I was telling my mom about)

And yes, I did notice. Which you probably don't believe. (again, true)

Anyway, I'm (NOT) sorry that I assumed my graduation day would be all about me. I (DO NOT) apologize.

Less depressing, more amusing graduation aftermath: today I got an honors cord in the mail to wear for my graduation half a week ago. Technically, I'm in the honors program, but I didn't do all the work, so I thought I was disqualified, so I didn't bother to get a cord. Which I'm glad, because if I had wanted one, it obviously wouldn't have come on time. I laughed so hard.

No comments: