Saturday, December 18, 2004

I'm learning piano! As of today.

Sort of. I have a feeling I'm way out of my league. Trying to read music is the most complicated part. It's like.... whoa. I do not get this.

And since I'm mainly trying to learn from crappy books.... oh well.

I tell you, though. Despite this, I'm learning to play a mean "When The Saints Go Marching In." It's badass. Really. Bad. Ass.

The worst habit I get into is when I get to a hard part, I just hum it instead of play it. So it's like, piano, piano, me going "wrow wrow wrow wrow!" piano again.

And when I do well, the bad thing is I'm memorizing it instead of learning how to read music, like I want to.

Which is really been the best part of my day. Which is sad, considering I graduated. But it sucked. Hard. My grandpa didn't come. My sister left halfway through, and I've already told you about how my mom acted when I tried to act like the day was about me and not her. The keynote speaker: the president of the university. WORST GRADUATION SPEECH EVER. It wasn't uplifting. I didn't feel ushered into my new life. I didn't even feel like the end of an era was over. Basically, he hit us and our relatives up for money! He gave us all these statistics on how important higher education is and how the federal government has yanked funding, and how they need our support. I swear! He used our keynote speech to fundraise! I was pissed. And bored.

Speaking of which, they made us show up an hour before the ceremony. Which was boring as hell. Especially when they shooed away the ONE guy I did know and was having a conversation with and made him go back to his officially assigned spot, like 50 minutes before the ceremony when there was obviously no danger of him not getting back. Boo.

So it just kind of was crap.

No comments: