Monday, January 03, 2005

So today, I blew.... way too much on books. Still Christmas money/cards, though.

I hate the fact that they sell so many books ONLY in the big paperback format that's 3X as expensive as a regular paperback. So what was not that many books... cost a lot. And what's the point? It's a paperback. It's not like a hardcover edition of something I can give to my grandkids. Honestly.

Anyway, I picked up a couple of Vonnegut books I totally didn't know existed. I was looking at the rack because I'm thinking of buying some books I read at the library once (I like to reread things) and I notice all these ones I don't know of, and I had to have them.

Then, I had to pick up Catch 22 (Joseph Heller), which again, I have read at the library once, but I wanted to re-read, and knew I'd want to again and again, and it's just more conveniant to buy the thing.

I also picked Rabbit, Run by John Updike because I've always wanted to try reading his stuff (I mean, how cool is the name Updike? I would marry the guy, if he's still alive, so I could have that last name) and the Rabbit series is his best known, so.

Also got a pulpy fantasy novel by Mercedes Lackey. She's going kind of downhill in my opinion, and was never HUGELY original in the first place, but I can't help it, I always buy her books. And she was the only cheap, small paperback in the lot, for which I thank her.

My mom got Scene it: TV edition. Which... I actually pointed out to her, because she watches a hella lot of TV but never any movies, which makes her not so fond of the original version, but perfect for this one. I kind of wish I didn't, though, because now everyone loves that version better than the other, and I'm the opposite. I mean, I watch some TV, but not as much as the rest in the family. And honestly, I can't be expected to know that much from the gazillion shows they have in there from before I was born. So now everyone will only want to play that one, I suppose. But I'm so awesome at the Movie version. 80% of the time I don't even have to have seen the movie to get the question right. I swear, I won a game of it by answering three questions involving Michael Douglas, and I almost never watch a movie with him if I can help it. There's only two movies of his I like, and neither were ones in the questions.

and then you say hey I bought you flowers
and then you say wait a minute Sally
I think I got something in my teeth
could you get it out for me?
that's fucking teamwork!


--"Fuck Her Gently," Tenacious D

No comments: