Monday, January 24, 2005

Today was the suck. I mean.... yesterday at the station was boring, but I thought maybe it was just because it was the weekend and things are slower. But today was actually worse.

On the upside, I actually did get to edit a few VO's. But all of them, all together, maybe took up an hour of my time. Tops. How long was I there for? 8 hours. What did I do the rest of the time? Abso-smegging-lutely nothing. I read a few Dilberts and e-mailed 1 friend. I felt guilty even doing that. I visited the toilet 80 times. Twice to cry (okay, I know it's a dumb thing to cry about, but I couldn't help it), once to call my parents, and 7 or 8 times to actually use the toilet as it's meant to be used because it was something to friggin' do!

What I don't understand is if I got to do stuff, learn stuff, and have fun the first day, why am I doing nothing now? I could understand if it just sucked from the very begining, but after that awesome first day, it just sucks even more. Supposedly I'm going to be able to just go out and shoot on my own at some point, but I don't understand how I'm ever going to be "good enough" for that to happen if they don't teach me stuff or let me do stuff under supervision again except for that first day?

Oh, and also I look like an ass because 3 of those VO's were too short. I don't even know why, except that I'm stupid and misestimated somehow. And honestly, it's a bad mistake. Because then black pops up on the TV screen, and it's a big no no. I learned better than to make things too short like, my first day at TV-10. And all the sudden, when it really counts, I do it wrong and look incredibly incompetant, probably making them even more reluctant to let me do things.

No comments: