Sunday, December 30, 2001

Hmm......at the risk of quoting Staind, it's been awhile. Since I blogged. Not as long as some people *looks at Talia menacingly* but oh well. Sides, mebbe her restraint at not putting every damn detail of her life up here like I do is refreshing. I mean, I surf blogs, and the ones with all the excess crap are the most boring. But, while I enjoy having the occasional reader, this things for me, and my sanity. Uhm.......where was I?

Oh, first of all, props to Lorraine, who e-mailed me about that song.

Second of all, work: it's getting better. First of all, I know what the hell I'm doing. Second of all, because I've been taking my laptop in and playing Escape From Monkey Island, the fourth in the highly exalted (by me) Monkey Island series. In my defense: I'm not breaking any rules and I'm helping everyone I should help, i'm just playing monkey island in between. Because let me tell you, it's dead there over break.

I even worked on Christmas. 1) Even though I said I wouldn't, they had me down on the schedule as doing it. I KNEW it be a pain in the ass to get the boss woman to let me off the hook. She did it to my roommate, too, but fortunately my roommate found someone else to work for her that day. 2) We had most of our family time in the morning, but the four hour shift I have was in the evening. 3) Though we usually have a fancy dinner, we didn't this Christmas, so there wasn't really much to stay around for.

I'm going to have to work on New Years Eve, unless I can find someone to take my shift :( I kinda wanted to have dinner with my family, or hook up with some of my high school friends. They're (H.S. Friends) pissing me off anyway, though. Last year, we drew names, and then each bought a gift and got a gift for X-mas. Plus, I saw some of them at various other times during break. Seeing as how I'm not exactly burning it up in the new college friends department, I'd like to hang on to some of the high school ones, but the buggers are incommunicado! We did the drawing by e-mail, I got Laura, and I got her gift, so i want to at least see Laura to give her her gift. Plus, I would think that Jean would at least want to see me, because we used to be pretty tight, but no word from that quarter. And Carrie, who was my 'best' (quotes because we were joined at the hip, but then she got kind of annoying, but we still seemed joined at the hip) friend isn't coming back for break. Wants us to all come down where she is. She KNOWS I don't do interstate driving. That's why I don't just visit her on a weekend sometime. Gah. You'd think, seeing as how I still live in the hometown, and all these people come back to see their parents, they'd kill two birds with one stone and maybe drop by to say hello to me, but alas, no. I've got to try calling them all again. I know I seem needy, but dammit, I AM needy.

Anyhoo, I could at least have dinner with my family, were it not for stupid stupid work.

Oh well, I'm earning money to go to england. I have to keep remembering that.

I finally wrote my essay they wanted me to write to apply to go to England, and took the physical they wanted me to take. Now all I need is my last reccomendation, which should come in soon. Then I'll turn it in, and hopefully get in the program. I want this so badly.

My family and I did go out last night, at least. We finally celebrated my straight A's. It was nice.

Christmas=fun. I may have a lot of arguements with my family, but we always seem to pull it together around the holidays. We talked, hung out, gave presents, got presents. Nice.

No comments: