Wednesday, December 05, 2001

mmmm, pumpkin pie and greasy potato slab for breakfast. What could be better?

I wonder if pumpkin pie counts as a vegetable. I'm really being healthy! I actually got the urge for pumpkin pie this morning, because my mom made a sham out of thanksgiving by having pumpkin cheesecake instead this year, so I needed some pure pumpkin pie today.

Greasy Potato Slab(TM) is the school's hash browns.

Hmm...all I had to blog about yesterday is 1) I think my poor music teacher is being screwed. She doesn't have tenure yet, and all of these people in my class evaluated her badly. Which is pretty sad, considereing she's one of the few half-decent teachers I've had at I S Freaking U

2) History. He's beginning to annoy me, just showing videos all the time. He's far more interesting than them. Especially since the videos have these soap-opera like reenactments of meetings between people, complete with that background music. One of the ones yesterday was actually half interesting....it showed all of these propaganda movies Japan brainwashed its people with. The first couple were funny--they just depicted us and britain as stupid and cowardly or whatever. And said how good they were compared to us. But some of the others were scary--they depicted Roosevelt as the devil incarnate, and showed burning flags with "we'll get the infidels" Well, they didn't say infidels, but something like that. At the time, Japan felt that they were hugely superior to us. Oh, and the leader of China at the time, Chiang Kai-Chek--they gave him a special shout out at the end of the flag burning routine. "We're comeing for you!" Creepy.

And, when I was little, I never really got what the huge deal was about pearl harbor..... But they showed it yesterday, and it made me really sad. Sept. 11 has really opened my eyes, I guess. And all the propaganda reminded me of how Laden's trying to convince the rest of the world that we are infidels.

No comments: