Saturday, December 08, 2001

Moving Day

When I look back on moving day, I can't help but wonder how it would've turned out if we had checked to see if the current occupant had left yet before moving out crap.

Yes, the room was still occupied.

Actually, we weren't as idiotic as this sounds--there wasn't a nametag on the door, though everyone has one. Also, even though we packed before actually going over and knocking, at the last minute we got cautious and knocked before we actually lugged our crap over there.

Still.....

We packed up all our crap, which is a considerable lot. Then, we had the bright idea to go over. We knocked, and no one answered. Then, we were goofing around, because we thought no one was there. Leading to this unfortunate action: I butt-bumped the door. Yes, I'm as ashamed as you are of that fact. And that's about when the current occupant opened said door.

Of course, she wondered why a complete stranger was butt-bumping her door. And rightfully so. I applaud that. Anyhoo, we had to have looked really weird to her, because we were startled as anything that someone had actually answered the door.

For some reason, my roommate paniced. And lied. "We're looking for Andrea," she said.

"Andrea? No one named that lives here. What's her last name?"

"Uh...." here my roommate snaps several times, trying to think up a follow-up to the original lie. She passes the ball to me. "What is Andrea's last name?" she asks.

I have a bout of hysterical laughter and say "Smith." The only thing besides my own last name I could think of. So of course that sounds fake as hell. My roommate later admits she thought of "Samsonite", because of a scene in Dumb and Dumber (I don't think I have to point out the poetic justice of thinking of Dumb and Dumber at that moment). So I guess Smith wasn't too dumb.

We eventually extricated ourselves from this conversation and left.

Moral of the story: Don't pick me as your patsy when you lie. I'm terrible.


Unpacking and re-packing--such a pain in the ass. I'm circumventing that by just living at home during finals, but still. And my poor roommate :(

Mom and I are already on each other's nerves. She's griping at me for being on the computer when I said I didn't have time to go shopping (on account of finals). Which, I AM on for more time now, but I'm done studying for the nonce, and would go shopping if the stores were open. At the time I was only on briefly, except someone called and knocked me off, and my mom talked to her for a heck of a long time, thereby wasting my time, and making it seem that I was on doing more than I was. Also, I accidently left some kool-aid out that I plan to dye my hair with. When my mom found it, I paniced and lied and said it was my roommate's. Now, like, a day later, she's all asking me if my roommie has sugar with her at the dorm to make this stuff with. I stammer out that there are sugar packets at the dorm, even though I know full well it takes a buttload of sugar to make that stuff. Then when my mom points that out, I shrug and say "I don't know, I guess she does, if she bought it." Bleh.....

The moral of the story: I shouldn't lie. I'm terrible

No comments: