Saturday, December 15, 2001

Okay....not that anyone e-mails me, but I effed up my e-mail on here, and it's going to be like that until I get around to fixing it, so don't try and use that link :P

Anyhoo, what I really want to blog about is how my mom's depression is making the rest of us miserable. I mean, she has a valid reason for being depressed (but I'm not going to go into it), but she's driving the rest of us stark raving bonkers!

Case 1
My mom, who loves my sis's dog more than me almost, got the dog some christmas presents. My dad wraps everything, and he wrote down one of them as being from me. My mom was totally mean to him about it. Why this is SO annoying? 1)He offered to switch it back, but she was still pissed. 2) Many things I get for the family ARE in name only, anyway, so it's not like me getting credit for someone else's cash is anything new. Yes, I'm such a sponge. 3) It's a dog. He can't read. If he could, he wouldn't care. Come on.

Case 2
We were at the apple orchard today, and mom picked up a bag of popcorn. She went outside to have a smoke, so it was just me, my sis and dad at the cash register, when the bag sprung a leak. So they sent me to get another bag. So I did. We get back home. hours later, she's all like "You got the wrong kind." 1) I swear it was practically the same color. It was light yellow, her bag was light yellow, she insisted her original bag was white and this is yellow. When I said they look the same, she's like no they don't. I have to be like, well they looked the same to me, it's not as if I was intentionally getting the wrong type. 2) After she goes on and on about this, I finally mention that my sis and dad saw the popcorn as well, and didn't seem to see the difference. This makes her round on poor dad, "You didn't pay attention."

"I'm sorry for not looking at the label."

"You don't need to look at the label! This is yellow, that was white!"

"I'm sorry."

Etc. etc. The thing about mom is, she doesn't stop even after you say you're sorry. Anyhoo, I finally interupt and am like, "I didn't mean to shift the blame on dad, I meant that if two other people mistook it as well, it had to look similar." 3) Does it even matter? Does white popcorn taste different than yellow popcorn? No. 4) I can't even remember the time, though I'm sure it's years and years ago, that anyone in our family has used "real" popcorn instead of microwave popcorn anyway. No matter what color it is, it's destined to sit in our pantry for at least four or five years, and then getting thrown out.

And there are more, but I will not bore you with them.......

No comments: