Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Aw, I'm a crazy spender. Well, for someone without a job. *cough* someone without a job who isn't kevin--Talia and Wanda'll get this reference if they understand the pseudonym and ever read his blog. *cough*

Anyway, after my flu shot, mom and dad took me out to eat--mom overestimated the time we would need, so we had a half hour to hang out at best buy.

Have I ever mentioned that I am Best Buy's bitch? They used to have a cheaper flat rate than any record store, and mucho variety. But, lately they sell some CD's at a higher price (the popular ones, still probably cheaper than a record store) and some for a lower price (new artists, new CD's people don't know about, sometimes old ones). Anyway, it kills me. Why? I'm the type to pick up lesser known music and new artists. A lot of times I can abstain, but when they put them on sale and I know I'll never be able to get that CD at that price again--I fold like a cheap suit.

Anyway, they had a lot of great deals tonight. Mom told me not to get too many, because Christmas is coming up, but little does she know I could probably buy 50 CD's and still have a christmas list full of them.

Anyways, I got: Good Charlotte -- The Young and the Hopeless, Something Corporate -- Leaving Through the Window, and Incubus -- S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

GC and SC are kind of bubblegum (not necessarily bad, I just feel shame about all pop-punk bands I enjoy for some reason) and I haven't tried Incubus yet. It's one of their old albums, and I'm afraid to find whether or not I'm one of the poser fans who only likes the new CD's, or a real fan. I don't think I could bear the disappointment if it turned out to be bad. Anyway, GC and SC were 9.99 and Incubus was 7.99, so all in all--pretty good deals. I feel less bad when I get an album for cheap and it sucks than when I pay full price. There were a couple others on sale I wanted to pick up, like Sugarcult (yet another bubblegummy pop punk band), SR-71 (ditto), and Alanis Morrissette (I'd lent Jagged Little Pill to Sib's sister a few months before we had our falling out, I doubt I'll ever see it again).

No comments: