Wednesday, November 13, 2002

I have to say that now that it's almost over, I'm actually getting into Com theory. Some of the theories are kind of dumb, but it's really cool compared to a lot of classes, because I'm learning stuff I can actually see working in my life. I'll just be thinking about something or other, and some technical word from one of the theories pops into my head to help describe what's going on. It's pretty cool.

I'm kind of annoyed, though. I went to a study session this morning, and the prof sounds like people have been complaining about the class, and how she's going to have to make things easier, because she wants to get good evaluations (she doesn't have tenure yet). Let me tell you: if you don't get this class as she is teaching it right now, you are too fucking brain dead and lazy to be in college. Not brain dead. Not lazy. Brain dead AND lazy. There is no way to do really bad in that class unless you don't come to it AND never read the book. I am not trying to act superior just because I get this stuff. It is honestly like, "no duh." One of our theories is "the media affects people differently, because people are different." I mean, if you're brain dead but not lazy, reading that a couple times, you would get it. If you're lazy but not brain dead, you would get it the first time, and never look back. You would have to be brain dead AND lazy.

Anyway, I hate people who give bad evaluations for no good reason. I mean, I love laying into a bad prof in my evaluation as much as the next person, but I think the few profs here that are actually half decent should be retained, rather than getting shit because you're too lazy to do the work. I mean, I'll acknowledge that i'm lazy. I don't blame the prof for it though.

However, I blame several ISU professors for breaking my will to live.

No comments: