Friday, November 22, 2002

I know I'm a total hypocrite, because I don't even like talking to my mom in the first place, but it KILLS ME how much more she and my sister talk. Hours and hours. The slightest thing happens, and my mom is all like, "Oh, I have to call up sis." And mom's always insisting on driving her places. Which, that one I don't have to envy, because she does it to me too. But my sister lives fifteen minutes away and has her own car, so I'm like, "what's up wit dat, yo?"

Anyway, the bastards at ISU are making it so that we don't get refund or carry-over on the leftover money on our meal plan. Since I'm a pansy who goes home every weekend, I have a substantial amount of money left. So, my goal is to, right before the end of the semester, buy as much storable crap as possible and bring it home. Anyway, I wouldn't touch the food at the dining center with a ten foot pole when I'm not in school, I'm so sick of all of it. So my natural progression is to ask my mom and dad if they want anything. Like, bottled water. My mom is one of those freaks who buy water. I'm sorry to say this, but every person on earth who buys bottled water when they have the choice of tap water is a MORON. But anyway, I'd rather pass on ISU's premium bottled water (bottled in Chicago, which just proves my point about it not being any better or coming from a glacier or anything) to my mom, than get nothing out of the rest of that money I have left. (which, mom and dad should be glad I do this, it is their money, not mine, being wasted if I don't buy any of this crap)

So anyway, she called me last night to tell me that since my sister's having foot surgery, my mom will be at her house instead of our house when I call her to pick me up. Anyway, I start to tell her about all the crap in the cafeteria she has the option of having, and she was such a jerk. First, she tried to convince me that ISU gives me a refund, which they USED TO, and I already explained to her it was a change, that I see people buying whole cases of fruitopia every day now trying to use up their limit, that I even looked at ISU's website to make sure of this, and she's still a bit hesitant to believe me. Anyway, she cuts me off, saying it was time for ER, and she didn't want to talk about it right now.

I was SO PISSED. I mean, everybody hates to be shushed during TV programs, or told later because of TV programs. But, then again, everyone hates to be bothered during TV programs, so I can see where she'd be coming from, if I called her up in the middle of ER. But no, she called me during ER, purposely so we wouldn't have more than 3 minutes to talk. She yaks for hours about nothing to my sister. She passes around news to her that I only know if I happen to be eavesdropping on their phone calls. I hate this, I hate this, I hate this. I don't even like the woman most of the time, but it kills me that she loves my sister more than me. It doubly kills me that she like, loves my sister's DOG more than me. But that's another story.

I mean, we haven't had a major fight in ages, we bonded last week over me finding a Bon Jovi CD for her. And she can't even sit there long enough to find out what they have at the cafeteria that she might like? I guess she just likes repeating the same sentence with different wording over and over with me going "uh-huh, uh-huh" over and over more than letting me get a word in, in a real conversation about something that halfway affects her.

No comments: