Thursday, November 07, 2002

I love ISU's circus, the Gamma Phi. I've only been there once, but I don't just love them for their performances. I love them also because the people constantly practice. Hence, from time to time I will literally see someone going to classes on a unicycle.

There are only three things I like about ISU:

1) They helped me get to England
2) They give me server space
3) I see someone going to class on unicycle from time to time

Since the above list is rather paltry compared to the huge list of things about ISU that I hate, I am determined to enjoy these things to the hilt. This involves boring people I know over and over with stories from my trip to England, posting unnecessary pictures of Soccer Hooligans on the World Wide Web, and really getting a kick out of people going to class on unicycles. And I DO really get a kick out of people going to class on unicycles. It's something that sort of takes me out of the autopilot that I use to get me through my day to day business. When I notice someone on a unicycle, I start to notice the colors of the leaves and the bright blue of the sky, and the nice indian summer we're having to-day, and the way De Garmo hall looks, even though I'm the only one who doesn't think it looks dumb.

I don't think I'd want to live my life without small novelties like unicycles.

No comments: