Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I've not been on much because 1) I've been busy with the books I got for my birthday and 2) this weird intense neckache (which in turn is giving me headaches) I've had for a couple days. My mom has suggested maybe the two are related (because except for work I HAVE been reading nonstop), but I don't think so, because I've gone on "bookbinges" before and not had this problem. I blame Robin Hobb. Her books are like CRACK. Don't start reading any of her trilogies unless you know you're going to have plenty 'o time to finish it.

The only worthwhile story I missed recording is probably the fact that I got to come back up to Bloomington-Normal (the station's in Peoria) for work yesterday. (I'm thinking maybe all the driving helped with the headache...? Those vans have a lot of inertia and every time I brake it feels like whiplash). Anyway, I had a brief break where I actually got to come home and show the newsvan off to the 'rents, who were quite impressed. I even got a home cooked dinner.

But I was late to the thing I was supposed to do after that, which makes me feel bad. I thought I'd estimated the time better. Oh well.... live and learn, I guess. No one yelled at me (though it was a thing I was supposed to shoot for the mellow sports guy, not plastic hair or anyone else particularly scary), but I still felt bad for indulging 2 of the 7 deadly sins (gluttony, vanity) while I should've been doing my job. I mean... I had permission to go home and eat, the reporter I was previously with said so, but I guess I should've been at it faster.

I laugh at your conversational skills (or a lack of)

--"I See Shapes," Idlewild

No comments: