Friday, February 25, 2005

You know.... I hate having bad things wrong with me, but I am perversely happy when a doctor solidly backs me up on it. It makes me look less like the boy who cried wolf, in my opinion. So when they diagnosed the colitis, I was like, "ha! proof! there IS something wrong!" and I was much the same when they found I had gallstones.

So today I was vindicated in finding out some abdominal pain I've been having for awhile (and got a LOT worse this morning) was pancreatitis. No.... don't worry, gentle reader, it's something that is going to clear up a lot easier than either the colitis (which has never cleared up) and the gallstones (for which I had to have surgery). Basically what caused it was some medication I'd been taking for the colitis, and now that I'm off it it should get better as long as I don't eat any very fatty foods for a week or so. And they gave me some lovely, lovely painkillers in the mean time.

Anyway, I've hit the itis trifecta (I hope I don't hit a quadfecta or anything higher). Colitis, pancreatitis, and I know I had some crazy word with itis on it for my gallbladder (itis, if you didn't know, just means whatever the word is before the itis is swollen). Appendicitis, tendonitis, arthritis, hepatitis, other itises: stay away, I've had enough of your ilk.

I was a pilot for united airlines
then I got fired for reading high times
my license expired in almost no time
now I'm retired and I think that's fine


--"Mexican Wine," Fountains of Wayne

No comments: