Friday, February 04, 2005

Wow. Today. Where do I begin?

So today I got paired off with a crew consisting of the reporter I shadowed the day I "visited," and this photog everyone has kept telling me was awesome, and great to learn from, only totally mean.

He didn't seem all that mean, though. Other than making me sing along with him and the reporter in the car. Yeah. I was forced to sing today. But it wasn't too horrible. And I did learn some stuff.

The worst part: when there was a riot we had to go and cover. I actually wasn't that worried, going into it, because I figured the cops were there and had probably calmed things down by then. Only, there were scary people lurking around everywhere, and the photographer told me he could tell as soon as the cops left, someone was probably going to get shot. So when the cops started leaving.... we left too.

Also, I didn't get to eat, and I felt sick and headachey after about 8 hours in the car.

So not the best day. But I did learn some stuff. Which is what I'm there for.

No comments: