Saturday, February 05, 2005

Phoemeister: OH, this is awesome. I was at a high school basketball game tonight, and guess what the band was playing! Smells like teen spirit! I'm not even kidding! And they rocked it! It was awesome! But I mean..... Kurt Cobain must be spinning in his grave. The cheerleaders weren't even tipsy.
Sui: haah nice that's smooth
Phoemeister: it did rock, though. I loved it.
Phoemeister: but in the back of my head, I was hoping the cheerleaders would get all high and the smiling, middle aged white people, would also turn stoned. And they'd all try and reenact the video.
Sui: hahah
Sui: did the janitor dance too?
Phoemeister: no janitor!
Sui: laaaame
Sui: that would have made the show
Phoemeister: I know. I have to say, though, I have a rather hazy recollection of that video, I didn't even remember there was a janitor. All I know was everyone was high, and there were cheerleaders!
Sui: haha
Phoemeister: I am right, right? There were cheerleaders and high people, right?
Sui: haha yup
Phoemeister: and they're all dark and depressed with their meaningless lives
Sui: the darkness!
Sui: the blackness!
Phoemeister: just like these loser middle aged people who try to relive their glory days by going to frickkin' high school baskeball games
Sui: haha exactly
Sui: freaking old people
Phoemeister: so I think it was bubbling under the surface. If there WAS a janitor, I'm sure it'd all fall into place.
Phoemeister: I mean seriously: who gives a crap about high school basketball? I mean... I'm glad people are losers and care, because half of my job is covering those games so people exactly like that only too lazy to get up off their ass and go there can watch on their TV.
Sui: haha

No comments: